Bag Making Skill Builders – Tara Sinclair with Uh Oh Creations pm session
November 23 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$45.00
Sewing Projects, sewing machine required.
This afternoon we are going to extend our bag making skills – more rivets, trigger hooks, sewing with cork and vinyl. We will work with fabric and cork/vinyl to create a card holder, wristlet and keyfob. Let’s learn a couple new techniques to get us professional finishes on all our projects.
Class time: Saturday, November 23, 1:00 – 4:00
Class Fee: $45 includes all supplies
Bag Making Skill Builders
Class Preparation Information – by UhOh Creations
All the project materials listed above will be supplied for attendees. Feel free to bring your own quilting cottons if you prefer.
- Understanding the standard sewing features of your machine is a must, when in doubt, bring your extra presser feet, and your manual.
- You must be comfortable sewing an accurate seam allowance, we will be working with 1/8” and 1/4″ seam allowances.
- You must be willing to try new things, bag making is not just sewing and we are going to glue, hammer, screw and use tools that are uncommon to sewing.
- Sewing Machine, power cord and foot pedal with manual
- Presser feet for your sewing machine
- Standard foot
- Teflon foot or roller foot – highly recommended
- Walking foot (Optional)
- Stitch in the ditch foot (Optional)
- Microtex or jean needles for your machine (90/14 or 100/16)
- Neutral thread & filled bobbin(s) (polyester is recommended, although cotton is fine)
- E6000 glue
- Jean-a-ma-jig or hump jumper
- Wonderclips (or binder clips)
- Seam Ripper
- Small ruler (approximately 6” x 12”)
- Rotary cutter
- Rotary cutting mat
- Threadlocker (Loctite) (Optional)
- Rivet Setting Tools (Optional)
- Fabric hole punch or awl (Optional)
- Mallet or clean hammer
There is no work that needs to be done prior to class