Jelly Roll Placemat Class with Tara Sinclair with Uh Oh Creations
May 4 @ 9:00 am - 5:30 pm$25.00
You’ve seen all the photos and pattern on Pinterest, so lets learn to make our own jelly roll placemat! Join Tara Sinclair of UhOh Creations as she teaches you how to make a placemat, using techniques you will be able to apply to making a Jelly Roll Rug. We will be using strips of fabric and batting to create a long strand that will be coiled together to form a round or oval shape when completed. We will work with top stitching the long strip then zig zagging our strips together, keeping it flat. Tara will share her tips and tricks to adjust our work as we go to create a successful project, the first time!! Quilting experience not necessary, all you need is basic knowledge of running your sewing machine.
2 Class options:
Saturday May 4 – 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Saturday May 4 – 1:30 – 5:30
Class Fee: $25
Preparation for the Placemat Class
Instructor: Tara Sinclair of UhOh Creations
Project Size: 14” Diameter
The placemat is a take on the Jelly Roll Rug design, converted into a circle and downsized for a quick and easy project.
- You must be comfortable topstitching at 1/8” – 1/4″
- Understanding the standard sewing features of your machine is a must, when in doubt, bring extra presser feet, and your manualSupplies
- □ Sewing Machine, power cord and foot pedal with manual – should be capable of doing zig zag stitching (if you have a plate that only allows straight stitching, you will need to change it out for one that permits zig zag)
- □ Presser feet for your sewing machine
o Standard foot – must be capable of doing zig zag stitching (if your regular foot has just one holefor the needle to do a straight stitch, please bring a foot that has an open section so that you can zig zag);o Stitch in the ditch foot (Optional)
- □ Sewing machine extension table (Optional)
- □ A New jean needle for your machine (90/14 or 100/16)
- □ Thread to coordinate with fabric & filled bobbin
- □ Jean‐a‐ma‐jig or hump jumper (Optional)
- □ Wonderclips (or binder clips) (Optional)
- □ Seam Ripper
- □ Fabric Scissors
- Pre‐Class Preparation
- Cut your fabric into 6 strips that are 2” wide x width of fabric.
- Cut your batting into strips that are 1” wide – you will need the same amount as you have of fabric.
No pattern is required for this class.
Copyright ©UhOh Creations 2018 – This document has been produced for the attendees of the Placemat class taught by UhOh Creations. Please do not copy or distribute this document without written permission from UhOh Creations.
Fabric / Hardware Quantity
1/3 yard or 6 strips that are 2” wide x wof each
Batting – your own preferred type
1/3 yard or strips that are 1” wide, and the same length as the cut fabric.