- This event has passed.
T-Shirt Quilt Class Tuesday May 21, June 4, June 11,
May 21 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm$75.00
T-Shirt Quilt Class
Date: Tuesday May 21, June 4, June 11
Time: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Location: Bow Bench Retreat
Cost: $75 for 3 classes
A T-shirt quilt is a unique way to turn memories into a keepsake to be used and treasured. In this 3 class series you will learn the techniques to make a T- shirt Quilt, including choosing t-shirts, planning the layout, finding supplies, stabilizing your t-shirts and of course how to sew them together.
This class is suitable for beginners making their first quilt, the only requirement is that you know how to run a sewing machine.
Bring your box of t-shirts to the first class and we will sort through them and start planning.
Book, tools, notions, and interfacing will be available to purchase at the first class, after the initial planning class you may want to purchase additional fabrics to use as sashing in between your blocks, depending on the layout you choose, but it is not necessary to do this prior to the first class.
Materials and Supplies:
- T- Shirts : the number of t shirts will depend on the layout and design you choose, so bring all you have to the first class and we will go from there.
- Fusible interfacing : fusible woven interfacing for back of t-shirts to give stability to tricky knit fabric, so your T-shirts won’t stretch or pucker as you sew them together. This is available to purchase at Bow Bench, the amount will depend on how many t- shirts you use.
- Sewing machine in good working order, basic sewing kit, including thread, needles, scissors, (you will not need this for the first class we will only cut and plan at this class)
- Rotary cutter & Rulers, its much easier to cut your t-shirts and measure using a rotary cutter and ruler, if you don’t have one they are available to use at Bow Bench Retreat
- Pattern Book $33, available to purchase at Bow Bench (optional depending on the layout you choose)