- This event has passed.
Loco for Lemoyne Stars – March
March 14 @ 9:30 am - 4:30 pm$12 – $47
Created by Michelle Renee Hiatt pattern for Deb Tucker’s Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star Ruler and Technique Sheets.
This pattern was inspired by my love of Lemoyne Stars and all the fun you can have with the Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star Ruler! You will make 7 different types of Lemoyne Stars and using the Lemoynes as Triangles you can choose your setting. The final product is a treasure!
Thursday March 14: Lemoyne Star & Stripped Pieced Lemoyne
Thursday April 11: Banded Lemoyne Star and Liberty Lemoyne
Thursday May 2: Blazing Lemoyne & Fussy Cut Lemoyne
Thursday June 6: Lemoyne as a Triangle & putting it all together
Class fee: $40/class
Pattern: Loco for Lemoyne Stars $16
Technique Sheets: $12
Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star Ruler: $47
Deb Tucker Trimmer III Ruler: $40
Gail Heller, certified Instructor with Deb Tucker and Studio 180 Designs will guide us through a monthly journey to learn to create all the various Lemoyne Star Designs using the Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star Ruler. Each month we will create 2 different 12” blocks and the last class they will be put together to create the Loco for Lemoyne Stars Quilt, which finishes at 72” x 72”. You aren’t required to make the quilt, you can create the blocks every month and make them into table runners, placemats, totes whatever your heart desires.
Lemoyne Star & Stipped Pieced Lemoyne Star class – March
Instructor: Gail Heller with Studio 180 Design
Location: Bow Bench Retreat
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Rotary cutter, ruler and mat
- Deb Tucker Studio Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star Ruler & Instructions included with ruler
- Deb Tucker Trimmer III or 12 1/2” square ruler
- Loco for Lemoyne Stars Pattern created by Michelle Renee Hiatt created for Deb Tucker’s Rapid Fire Lemoyne Star Ruler and Technique Sheets (you need this pattern if you are making the sampler quilt, if you would prefer to just make the blocks each class you will only need the technique sheets)
- Strip Pieced Lemoyne Star Technique Sheet
Lemoyne Star Fabric:
- Background Fabric: (4) 4 3/4” strips WOF cut in half so you will have (8) 4 3/4”x 20” strips
- Star A Side: (4) 3 1/4” X 20” strips
- Star B Side: (4) 3 1/4” X 20” strips
- If you are making the Loco for Lemoyne Sampler quilt you also need: (2) 3 1/4” x 20” strips 1 from Star A and 1 from Star B, set aside to be used in last class.
Stripped Pieced Lemoyne Star Fabric:
- Background: (4) 4 3/4” x WOF Strip, cut in half so you will have (8) 4 3/4” x 20”
- Star 1 Strip: (4) 1 3/4” x 20”
- Star 2 Strip (outside strip): (4) 2” x 20”
- Star 3 Strip (outside strip): (4) 2” x 20”
- Star 4 Strip: (4) 1 3/4” x 20”
- If you are making the Loco for Lemoyne Sampler quilt you will also need: (8) 3 1/4” x 20” strips, 2 from Star 1,2,,3 and 4 fabrics set aside